Thursday, April 30, 2009

Auditioning

Auditioning to me is a two headed beast. On the one hand, it is very much like a marketing campaign for yourself. Talent is indeed part of this selling process but so is every detail surrounding the audition. The ability to show that you are professional, that you understand the business, and that you would be a pleasant and understanding person to work with is essential. The more you can present yourself not just as an actor but as a sought after co-worker, the more desirable you will be to those casting you. This is new element to the audition process to me and I have learned much from the information gained in class. In fact, I have learned enough to realize how silly, slightly unprofessional, and mildly embarrassing I may have been in the past. I plan on changing all that. The other head of this beast is that of the creative expression. This is the part that makes me the most nervous but is also the part I enjoy the most. The chance to display your art and talent o be judged by other is daunting but can also be tremendously rewarding. Your audition piece should reflect a portion of who you are. If that is indeed the case, then you also get to show off a bit of who you are as a person and what it is that you believe. All in all, the audition process is one hell of an adrenaline rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment