Friday, May 8, 2009

The Final Audition

So this audition process was a lot more intense than I expected. I really did enjoy and appreciate the real life feel the mock audition had though. I have never experienced anything like that before. I have auditioned outside of Wabash before but it still didn't resemble the big city cattle call auditions that this mock actually represented. I liked how each of the auditors have been in the exact situation that we were experiencing multiple times. It provided an insight to how actual casting directors would respond and act towards the auditions. Although nerve racking, I liked the rules and specifics that Cody gave us before our audition. They added the element of professionalism and competition and the constraint of rules helped to add to the sense of a high stakes audition. One thing that was really nice to have (obviously) was the feedback at the end of the process. I was kind of able to use the feedback as a sort of mirror. Every detail of our audition was payed attention to and responded to. I was able to absorb tiny details of my own audition like smiling and when to move my chair. This will hopefully prepare me for the nerves that will come with an actual audition in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment