Friday, May 8, 2009

The audition Process

I thought that our final was a good experience for me. I did not realize that it would make me as nervous as it did. From waiting out in the lobby to standing out in front of the auditors, I realized how much more time I needed to put into everything. A large portion is of course the pieces themselves, but there is also the introduction that I know I could have done better on. When I walked out of Salter, I thought of multiple things that I could have and should have done differently such as slow down with introduction to the pieces that I had.

I was overall pleased with the pieces that I had, but I am not sure if I would use them within an actual audition because of some of the comments. I realized that a piece from a movie may not be the best decision, so I would consider getting rid of the Into the Wild piece. Then I did not realize how different it was to have a piece from a musical to present, but by the comments, it seemed a little strange.

Once again, I am glad for the type of final that we had, and I would do it over again in an instant. I could have perfected my pieces, and done a lot better job. I guess the only way for me to do that now would be to go to a real audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment